Dealer Depot USA
- All auto dealers throughout the United States are required to display this two page (one page duplicated) form in the side window of every used vehicle offered for sale.
- Required by law for consumer protection on used vehicles, this form meets federal regulations.
-Pressure sensitive tape at the top and bottom holds this 2-part carbon-less, 8 1/2" wide x 11" tall form to the window. Available in two styles: "As-Is" or "Implied Warranty". Note, some states prohibit "As-Is" sales. Sold in packs of 100.
- The Federal Trade Commission oversees this regulation to disclose whether or not a dealer is offering any kind of warranty. The form must be prominently displayed on a vehicle's window while the vehicle sits in the dealer's inventory.
- The form may be removed from a window for a "test drive", but must be returned to the window immediately upon return from the test drive if a sale is not consumated. If the vehicle is sold, the form is signed and part of the paperwork processed at delivery of the vehicle.
- The one and only purpose of this form is to disclose what warranties, if any, are included with the purchase if this vehicle.
- A "used vehicle" is defined by the Federal Trade Commission as any vehicle previously registered, and any vehicle previously used. This includes new vehicle rollbacks as well as unlicensed demonstrators (demos).
- There is an exemption for vehicles weighing in excess of 6,000 lbs. unladen weight, which means motorhomes and heavier duty trucks are exempt from the "Buyers Guide" regulations.